Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Alphabet In My MOUTH
So after attending Dr. Jean's workshop last year I could not wait to make a big book with my class. I decided to use the song The Alphabet In My Mouth and we started collecting food labels. I thought this would be a great way to reinforce letter recognition at home and get the kids on "the lookout" for the different letters we were learning in the classroom. I did not know how much fun they were going to have and I did not know they were going to turn into "trash collectors". They started asking to keep their food labels from snack time and lunch time. They did not want to throw anything away.
So after collecting all the labels I used construction paper for the pages, each page had its own letter. The kids sorted the labels and added them to the different pages of our book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I lost my pamplet with the website and have tried and tried to google this blog. Unfortunately there are hundred of krazy kindergarten blogs. I just happened to find the address on the schools website. I just got finished viewing all of your blogs and the video. Thank you for all the hard work that you put into our children!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a blast taking the pictures and making the video! Thank you for viewing our blog and leaving a comment. The kids were super excited about having our first comment on our blog!
ReplyDelete